Sexual abuse compensation claims Skip to main content

Claims for sexual abuse including childhood historic abuse

It is possible to bring a claim through the CICA if you have been the victim of a period of physical or sexual abuse. The CICA currently do not allow award for emotional, financial or verbal abuse.

If you have suffered either physical or sexual abuse recently or historically, we can help advise you on the prospects of your case and assist you with your claim through the CICA. 

Looking for help? We can't turn back the clock but we can help you move forward. Call 0330 300 5000 if you need our help making a claim.

Time Limits:

Usually, and more frequently the CICA will apply a limitation of 2 years to bring a claim for compensation. Limitation usually runs 2 years from the date of the incident/abuse, or 2 years from the matter being reported to the police. We appreciate that not all cases of abuse will be reported at the time and therefore our dedicated abuse team can help overcome this hurdle. Call our team on 0330 300 5000 to discuss your individual circumstances.

What help is available for ..?

Childline –

The Childline service is dedicated to minors under the age of 18. The website is very user friendly and has a number of ways for people to access support and guidance.


NAPAC stands for the National Association of People Abused in Childhood. The service focuses on childhood or historical abuse and has helped tens of thousands of people begin what it describes as the journey of recovery. This advice line will also help with matters involving child rape or non consensual sex.

Breathing Space –

Breathing Space is a free, confidential phone and web based service for people in Scotland experiencing low mood, depression or anxiety.